*This mascara has relatively short plastic bristles, though not quite as short as Covergirl's Lash Blast. Note the inconspicuous "ball" at the end of the wand (if you want to even call it that- there's not that much there)*
*My naked eyes*
*My eyes with one coat of They're Real on the top and bottom lashes (and all my other makeup on too)*
This is a sample sized mascara I've had since early July when I received my VIB birthday gift from Sephora. Of course I was excited to try it out because of the immense hype it received when it was first released, and I would never have spent the money to purchase it out-right. So, here is what I think of it at this point!
- The barely-there "ball" at the end doesn't look like much, but it really does help grab the tiny lashes most other wands won't grab.
- The wand isn't too big. It's the perfect size actually, to allow me to apply mascara on top of my lashes as well as underneath. For comparison, I find Maybelline's The Rocket wand to be way too large, and Revlon's Grow Luscious borders on too big.
- The formula is very black!
- It's more dramatic than a few of my favorite mascaras.
- It's kinda heavy- it weighs my lashes down, therefore not holding a curl.
- It smudges a bit under my eyes within 15-30 minutes. It's not the worst for smudging, but it's not the best. Maybelline One-by-One is the only mascara I've ever tried that didn't smudge at all on me, and L'Oreal's Voluminous Carbon Black was the worst!
- Although I like that it's a little more dramatic, it can get a little clumpy fast. This is not the kind of mascara I find I can layer with, and the ball at the end is the worst for holding on to excess product.
Therefore, to me, this mascara is average. I'm super thrilled that I was able to try it without buying it full size, because I don't think it's worth it at all. At this point, my favorite mascara is still Maybelline One-by-One, and Revlon's Grow Luscious is creeping into my heart, haha! If you enjoy They're Real, please leave your thoughts below! I'd love to hear from you. As always, thank you for reading. :)