Thursday, August 15, 2013

My Travel Makeup & Brush Essentials




Earlier this week my mom and I went on a two day trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains, and had a lot of fun! Of course I didn't want to bring a lot of beauty products for just a two day trip, so I thought I'd like to show you the "essential" items that I brought with me:

  • Rimmel Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer- My favorite primer that I've been using for a while now. It's so inexpensive, I really recommend trying it! For my oily skin, primer is a must no matter where I am.
  • bareMinerals Ready Foundation in Fairly Medium- I find powder foundation easier to apply quickly than liquid, so I chose this. My priority when I'm on the go is to make sure my skin looks good- anything else is "extra."
  • Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer- My concealer for under my eyes- it works miracles! I don't need any extra brighteners and correctors to pair with this, and it really doesn't crease.
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer- I use this stick concealer on spots on my face. Super full coverage, and the stick formula is really convenient.
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Setting Powder- Just like primer, setting powder is essential for my oily skin. This one really holds my foundation on all day even when I don't have time to touch up on a busy day. If you wanted to be REALLY travel-friendly, however, you could choose a pressed powder with an applicator included.
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed- This is a perfect "all flattering" blush- it's so neutral that it goes with every eye and lip combo, plus its tan tone makes it double as a bronzer. That eliminates the need for two separate cheek products.
  • Anastasia Brow Powder Duo & Clear Brow Gel- A winning combo for eyebrows! I basically look like I have no eyebrows unless I fill them in, and the powder is great for fixing that. Applying the gel after I fill in with powder holds unruly hairs in place all day, with no crunchy feeling or white clumps.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliners (any shade!!!)- I brought three shades of these because you can have several eyeliners without taking up much space. I brought a neutral grey (Smoke) and two colors (Mainline and Empire) to have a bit of variety. These take up much less space than an eyeshadow palette, which you can see I didn't bring at all.
  • E.L.F. Eyelash Curlers and a mini Benefit They're Real Mascara- The Sephora birthday gift this year comes in handy for travel! However, even if I didn't have any mini mascaras, I'd still bring a full size because I find mascara to be so important in making a difference in my appearance.
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Coral Reef and Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Naked- I find lip glosses easier than lipsticks to apply and maintain throughout the day, so I brought a bright (Coral Reef) and a neutral (Naked). 

I also brought the minimal amount of brushes to use with the makeup I brought: an eyebrow brush and angled brush to apply my brow powder, my Sigma P82 to blend my concealer, my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply my foundation, my Sigma F30 to apply my setting powder and MAC 168 for my blush.

I feel that I managed to bring the perfect amount of things! Not too much, not too little. Do you guys think this is still too much, or do you normally bring more than I do? Please leave any comments, questions, or suggestions below, and thank you so much for reading! :)

-Kim

1 comment:

  1. I just did a review on the Urban decay eyeliner, I LOVE them! Nice blog!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete